The open beta period for IBM Knowledge Center at https://ibm.biz/IBMKCgo is coming to a close at the end of March, after which IBM will begin redirecting access for IBM information centers to IBM Knowledge Center. We hope that you have had an opportunity to get acquainted with IBM Knowledge Center, IBM's new home for product documentation for all IBM products. The process of redirecting more than 800 separate information centers in an orderly fashion will take several weeks, and the exact timing varies for different products. So if you are not yet familiar with IBM Knowledge Center, now is a great time to do it.
Here are a few ideas for how you can quickly get acquainted with IBM Knowledge Center:
- Start using it! Navigate to information that you use regularly, search for a reference topic for a command whose syntax you always forget and create a collection of topics that you refer to frequently, maybe even topics about multiple IBM products. So far, many of the users we have talked to are very happy about the facts that all IBM product documentation is now in one place and that they don't need to visit lots of separate information centers any more. We hope you will feel the same way.
- Skim some of the blog posts on the IBM Technical Content blog @ https://ibm.biz/IBMKCTCBlog.
- In a recent post, Jamie Roberts, the IBM Knowledge Center Product Manager and User Experience Lead, answered several frequently asked questions that have been raised during the open beta period.
- Earlier posts explain some of the differences between information centers and IBM Knowledge Center and provide important tips on narrowing your search in IBM Knowledge Center to help you find what you need as quickly as possible.
- View this 14-minute video, which includes a demo of some of the unique features of IBM Knowledge Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55_FZjk8XE
- Read the help (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/doc/kc_help.html), which you can access from anywhere in IBM Knowledge Center by clicking the help icon on the top right part of the interface.
After you have explored IBM Knowledge Center and used documentation for IBM products that you need to access when doing your work, please take a brief survey to tell us your initial impressions. Access the survey at https://www-950.ibm.com/survey/oid/wsb.dll/s/ag554.