I am telling about the total end to process for DWH project implementation.
The Data warehouse project for infrastructure team will be
1. The project planning-which will conclude with software and hardware selection and total budget.
2. The Budget/funding approve from PMO/Mangers
3. Capacity planning for the DWH project and creating the capacity document
4. Analysing the capacity document and creating the SP-unix and DBA-DB document
5. SP and DBA document will have file system creation both for Datastage and DB2/Oracle
Data stage server
1. Installation of datastage software 8.5
2. Instalaltion of oracle/DB2 client in DS-server
3. Instalaltion of TWS/PVCS/exnv/NDM client is DS-server
4. Datastage 8.5 will get 3 types of admin users after installation
1. Isadmin-for information server administration
2. Dsadm-for datastage administration
3. Wasadmin-for websphere administration
Once you get the DS-software installed. Please install the respecti DS_patches for 8.5
After installation Get the isadmin user and login to webconsole.There key in the dsadm password in engine credentials and do the mapping. Once the mapping is completed. go to users and create the local user to connect to the datastage client.
Note: dsadm mapping has to be done in webconsloe else ur local user will not be able to connect. So you need dsadm unix user and password in the unix server/KDC/LDAP
Once your local user is created. login to DS-administrator and create the project, import or create the new jobs and work.
Also remember to insert the Oracle/DB2/Teradata home entries in dsenv file for the connectivity and also the TNS entry in Oracle/DB2/teradata client in DS-server.
Re-start the DS-service one you edit the dsenv file from the below command
/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/uv -admin -stop
/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/uv -admin –start
The DB for Datastage server will be diffrent. from datastage 8.5 we have metadata repositry when we can create DS-repository in any DB may be in oralce /DB2.
so will have 3 types of Db in this case
1.DS-Databse -which is the metadata repository for DS-8.5(this DB info you can get it in version.xml file is datastage /opt/IBM/informationserver path)
2.Application DB-for DB App FID
3.Country DB-where the real data will be stored.
App DB and country DB will have one common schema with same password each to make the APP and country DB synz which will allow your to do the direct query from Datastage server to DB server for DB activity using query ID.
Once the Business object is installed in unix/windown server. Create one DSN connection to country DB where the real data after processed by DWH will be available can be connected and using business object you can create reports which is required for the management.