Buy now and get 35% off the retail price:
DB2 pureXML Cookbook
Master the Power of the IBM Hybrid Data Server
by Matthias Nicola
and Pav Kumar-Chatterjee
Use coupon code IBM0471 when checking out.
Hands-On Solutions and Best Practices for Developing and Managing XML Database Applications with DB2
More and more database developers and DBAs are being asked to develop applications and manage databases that involve XML data. Many are utilizing the highly praised DB2 pureXML technology from IBM. In the DB2 pureXML Cookbook, two leading experts from IBM offer the practical solutions and proven code samples that database professionals need to build better XML solutions faster. Organized by task, this book is packed with more than 700 easy-to-adapt “recipe-style” examples covering the entire application lifecycle–from planning and design through coding, optimization, and troubleshooting. This extraordinary library of recipes includes more than 250 XQuery and SQL/XML queries. With the authors’ hands-on guidance, you’ll learn how to combine pureXML “ingredients” to efficiently perform virtually any XML data management task, from the simplest to the most advanced.
* pureXML in DB2 9 for z/OS and DB2 9.1, 9.5, and 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
* Best practices for designing XML data, applications, and storage objects Importing, exporting, loading, replicating, and federating XML data
* Querying XML data, from start to finish: XPath and XQuery data model and languages, SQL/XML, stored procedures, UDFs, and much more
* Avoiding common errors and inefficient XML queries
* Converting relational data to XML and vice versa
* Updating and transforming XML documents
* Defining and working with XML indexes
* Monitoring and optimizing the performance of XML queries and other operations
* Using XML Schemas to constrain and validate XML documents
* XML application development–including code samples for Java, .NET, C, COBOL,PL/1, PHP, and Perl
Congratulations to Matthais & Pav on the arrival of their first book! A huge acheivement!