ChannelDB2

Hello all !!

I am getting this error when trying to run the above exe file to install DB2 Express-C 9.7.2. (Windows XP)

An error occurred while starting the DB2 Setup Launchpad. This error typically occurs when the DB2 Setup Launchpad is unable to find a supported browser
(Firefox 2.0+, Mozilla 1.7+, Internet Explorer 6.0+, SeaMonkey 1.1.4+).

Check the DB2 Information Center (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7) for an up-to-date list of
supported browsers.

I have Firefox 3.5.13 as my default browser ...

Tags: Install

Views: 1803

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tim,

i was having the same problem bro....,

Do the folowing things

Point 1: unzip the downloaded file and then click on the setup file. you will get the DB2 Setup Launchpad.

Cheers & Regards
Rakesh Tiwari
Thank you for your reply. I am curious, the file I have is an .exe file that does an auto unzip I think... So how do I manually unzip that kind of a self extracting exe file? Is there a site that I can download a .zip file?

Thank you again !!!
Tim,

unzip the file with winzip 14.5 software.... you will get it form the net

Cheers & Regrads
Rakesh Tiwari
I did find another tool to unpack the .exe file, I encountered a few issues unpacking so I could not run the setup.exe file but was able to run this file db2/windows/DB2 Express-C.msi. The install process completed normally. Thanks again for your help.
Hi sir ,
while i am trying to install db2 9.7.2 on my windows XP, it got stuck (almost hanged ) at last point after showing a progress bar of around 99.98%, and after that when i restart my computer then a profile is created and after 1 or 2 starts of windows DB2 is automatically got uninstalled.
please any body tell me how to fix up this problem.
Thanks and regards,
Jitesh
Hi Jitesh,

Most probably could have been a broken download or file corruption.

Is it 32 bit or 64 bit and which Edition(ESE, Express, or Workgroup)?

Do the following.

Download it from here
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/express/download.html

Cheers

Anil
Hi Sir,
thanks for your reply.
actually yesterday i started with the fresh copy of db2 9.7.2 community edition, but still facing the same problem.It took more than 9 hours and still it is configuring db2 instances. I am attaching here db2log files.May be it will help you to figure out my problem.

Thanks and regards,
Jitesh
Attachments:
Hi Sir,
thanks for your reply.
actually yesterday i started with the fresh copy of db2 9.7.2 express community edition, but still facing the same problem.It took more than 9 hours and still it is configuring db2 instances. I am attaching here db2log files.May be it will help you to figure out my problem.

Thanks and regards,
Jitesh
Attachments:
Hi Jitesh,

Do one thing, do a system restore to a point prior to you installing DB2 Express-C in Windows XP.

1) Goto Add/Remove Programs and uninstall DB2 if available

2) Delete any directories if in C:\DB2 or D:\DB2 or E:\DB2.
3) Delete the IBM Directory in C:\Program Files\IBM - Delete only IBM Directory

4) Start a clean install and perform the installation.

5) I suspect, you should choose, Jitesh as your Local User Account , enter your Jitesh password in the password and confirm password sections.

6) Then, the install should perform fine.

7) I did a clean install of DB2 Express-C 9.7.2 yesterday and it worked fine.

Cheers!

Anil

RSS

Try BLU Acceleration on Cloud

© 2014   Created by channeldb2.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service