Time: March 29, 2012 from 12:30pm to 2pm
Website or Map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?…
Event Type: chat, webinar, webcast, tech, talk
Organized By: Cindy Russell with Serge Rielau host
Latest Activity: Mar 29, 2012
When it comes to data, more isn’t always better. Users demand that applications perform at their best, yet system complexity and data volumes continue to grow. This causes application and database performance to slow.
Even with powerful systems like DB2® on Linux or z/OS platforms, SLA requirements are reaching their upper limits. you must be extra diligent in managing your database operation to remain within SLA limits and that can mean significant time, resources and money—all of which can be better spent on adding new capabilities.
This is why organizations rely on the IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Data Growth Solution to automatically control data growth, leveraging archiving to improve performance, reduce costs and ensure that data retention, disposition and compliance requirements are satisfied.
In this technical session, we will discuss ways to:
• Reduce the volume of data in your production databases
• Control data growth in transactional and warehouse systems
• Archive and store historical transactions securely and cost-effectively while still maintaining universal access
• Ensure access to historical data for compliance, queries and reporting
• Ensure compliance readiness
Enjoy the replay and please contact me if you have any questions.